Monday, October 30, 2017

Oncologist Visit Today.

My first visit to the Oncologist was today.

I had my first visit to the Oncologist today. He was a friendly Doctor, and he took time to explain why I had to see him.

It seems my Melanoma is in the middle of three categories, which I take as a good thing. He explained that the incision required to remove the melanoma is so large, that it will take a skin graft to cover. The graft will come from my thigh. 

I will have to be in the hospital under general anesthesia. In addition to removing the melanoma, etc. he will also be injecting a die in order to determine if it has spread to the lymph nodes. 

The operation will be done as an out patient procedure. So we will see.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before the operation will be scheduled.

While I have had skin cancers removed previously, this will be first one this serious.

I just thought I would write this out for my friends and family.

Blessings;

Victor Winebrenner

PS: I will accept all the prayers I can get.

On a follow up visit, I was informed that the melanoma had spread to one of the lymph nodes.

However the good news is the skin graft is healing quite well, as is the wound on the thigh where the skin was taken from. I am encouraged by this.




"(C) Copyright by Victor Winebrenner"

No comments:

Post a Comment