Wednesday, February 28, 2018

CHRISTMAS 2017..

CHRISTMAS 2017.


WHERE WAS I ON CHRISTMAS OF 2017?


The answer to this question is: I was in the hospital with pneumonia.

For a couple of weeks prior to Christmas I had been feeling rather poorly and was taking an effervescent cold/allergy medicine which helped me to feel better. As I said this went on for a couple of weeks prior to Christmas and I had just gotten out my artificial tree and ornaments when I collapsed and could hardly breath. I really don't remember who called 911 but pretty soon I was being rolled out of the house on a stretcher headed for Kennestone Hospital.

The paramedics and subsequently the Doctors at the hospital kept trying to treat me for a heart attack, until the blood test came back, evidently showing me in an advanced stage of pneumonia.

Quite suddenly I had three IV's in my arms with three different very powerful antibiotics being pumped into me 24/7. 

It turns out later that they almost lost me, because they assumed it was my heart, and I kept telling them it wasn't my heart. 

So this all began on the night before Christmas Eve day. I was in the hospital for 4 days with the IV's running the whole time. I started feeling better after the second day. By the end of the 4th day they finally sent me home with some more antibiotic pills that I had to continue taking for another week.

Suffice it to say, I am glad the Doctor's finally got it right, and I am still here. 

My one regret is, I never got to celebrate Christmas as I would have Liked, but I still prayed and gave thanks to the Birth of Jesus, and to my recovery.

Blessings to all. Amen. 



"(C) Copyright by Victor Winebrenner"

No comments:

Post a Comment