Friday, November 16, 2018

Car Trouble, Once Again.


Car Trouble - Once Again.


As I wrote on FB yesterday, I broke down on the road yesterday and had to get towed home. 

So today, I went out and decided to charge the battery. Once I had charged it, it started and ran fine. 
But because the battery had been discharged, I took the car over to the local Service Street to have the battery and alternator checked.

Well the battery was the problem, as it was dead. Turns out the Battery was 5 years old, so it was beyond warranty time.

Since the original reason I pulled off the side of the road in the first place was because I had steam coming from under the hood, I had them do a pressure check and find the coolant leak. Well, now I have a bigger problem, it seems that I have a leak out from the head gasket, and the transfer hose was also leaking.

What all this is leading up to is that the battery has to be replaced, along with the head gasket and the hose. In the end replacing all the parts plus the labor adds up to just under $2200.00 

Since the car is 25 years old, most people would total the car and find another one.

Well, I for one won't do that, The car runs fine, and even if I were to give up on this car and find another one, The replacement car would have to be an older one. While it may run good, it may have other unknow problems.

Anyway, the one I have passes emmissions tests every year, so I will fix it, and keep driving it.

Another reason for doing so, is the fact that my only source of income is Social Security and a small annuity. At age 82, anything can happen.

Thank you Lord, for the life I have. Amen.













"(C) Copyright by Victor Winebrenner"

No comments:

Post a Comment